Document Scanner Reviews: CanoScan 8800F
.Canon 8800F Document Scanner Reviews
I have found that one of the all time best sellers in both photo and document scanners is the Canon 8800F. In this ‘Document Scanner Reviews’ feature, let’s give this document scanner the review it deserves.
It is said that the Canon CanoScan 8800F scanner is a scanner that received more praise from more users who have used it far beyond the testing phase. And the 3 adjectives that best describes this scanner are ‘reliable’, ‘durable’, and ‘accurate’. With a maximum resolution of 4800 x 9600 dpi, it is also one of the favorites of users who are into photo reproduction. This is because the Canon 8800F has features for scanning slides, negative films, as well as pictures. It comes with a software that enables restoration of old pictures by removing scratches and dusts. Thus, it has gotten itself listed among the top automatic photo scanners today. If it is good at reproducing and scanning high quality photos, reproducing text and image documents is a piece of cake. If you have seen ads for this particular scanner, and seen how it works, you’ll become one of countless users who say that it works as advertised.
- Negative/Color-film/ photo automatic scanner with high-luminance white LED lamps
- Can batch-scan 4 slides or 12 35mm frames
- Can digitally remove dust and scratches, and other blemishes from old/precious photos
- Copy, scan, and create emails and multi-paged PDFs
- 1-year limited warranty
- Model Number: 2168B002
- Scanner unit type: Flatbed, for both color & mono-chrome
- Light source: White LED
- Scanner element: CCD (Charge-Coupled-Device)
- Maximum resolutions:[interpolated] 19,200 x 19,200 d.p.i. [Optical] 4800 x 9600 d.p.i.
- Maximum document size: 8.5 x 11.7 inches
- Scanning mode: [Color] 48.bit internal :: 48.bit external (select from driver); [grayscale] 48.bit internal :: 8.bit external
- Maximum film size: 35-mm x 12-frame (negative-positive), 35-mm x 4-frame (negative- positive mounted-slides), 22-cm x 6-film strip (120-roll film)
- Interface: USB-2.0 (Hi-Speed)
- OS compatibility: Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS X ver.10.2.8 to ver.10.4.x
- Software: 1 CD-ROM (included)
- Power Supply Source: AC (alternating current) adapter (120 V, 60 Hz)
- Operating temperature: ~50 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Maximum power consumption (est.): ~18W (~1.5 W on standby)
- Operating humidity: about 10 to 90 % RH
- Weight: ~9.2 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10.7in x 4.0in x 18.9in (W x H x D)
- Warranty: 1-year limited-warranty
- Included in the package: CanoScan-8800F color automatic photo scanner, standard AC adapter, installer CD for Adobe (Photoshop Elements), quick-start user’s guide, x-sell sheet, warranty card, app setup CD, users’ guide CD-ROM, film guides(35-mm neg./positive mounted-slides, 35-mm negative/positive, 120-roll film-strip) power-cord, USB-cable for the picture scanner
Here are some of what users (who bought their unit from amazon) have said about this scanner:
- Nice machine
- High quality – scans and hardware
- Great product. Amazingly easy to use and set up.
- A top notch scanner!
- End results are fantastic for a scanner at this price
Filed under: Document Scanner Reviews
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!