I got an email from my hosting support about this notification they are getting regarding excessive resource usage from my website. Busy as I am, it took more than a couple of days before I began checking out my website (which by the way I have not updated for an eternity).
The support guy specifically mentioned two possible sources of this problem and they are:
- Bad bots
- WordPress cron job
Of course, the guy eventually offered the final option of just paying up to make things more convenient for me. This is of indeed the most convenient option, but it is most convenient for my pockets considering that this website is not earning me money.
For the moment I have not done anything about the two issues aforementioned. Instead I have updated the wordpress software and all plugins in it.
Let’s see if that is enough to at least remedy the problem.