How to Mass Untag Photos or Delete Tags on Multiple Facebook Photos
The feature to mass untag photos in facebook has been provided sometime last year in addition to the ability to untag yourself from a facebook photo one by one.
I decided thus to attempt to untag our name from these kinds of images, but found that there were too many of them and untagging each picture one by one would eat up all my time. A whole day wouldn’t be enough to complete the job.
A little googling gave me the following procedures to untag all photos on facebook containing our account’s name all at once*.
1. At the rightmost lower portion of your facebook cover picture, click on the ‘Activity Log’ button.
2. On the Activity Log page, click on the ‘Photos’ link around the middle of the leftmost sidebar.
Then, a couple of split-seconds later, click on the ‘Photos of You’ link just below the ‘Photos’ link.
3. Now you can begin deleting tags on facebook by checking the checkboxes on the ‘Photos of yOu’ page.
Take note, though, that you can probably check 10 checkboxes* at a time. After untagging 10 images, you can proceed with the next 10. Not really that cool, but it beats having to untag photos one by one.
To prevent a repeat of this problem, I had to configure the account so that any photo (not ours) that gets us tagged are brought to our attention first before it is displayed on our page.
1. Click on the gear thingy on the upper right corner of your facebook page, and click on the ‘Privacy Settings’ link.
2. Click on the ‘Timeline and Tagging’ link on the left sidebar.
3. Click the ‘Edit’ link opposite ‘How can I manage tags people add and tagging suggestions?’ and have it ‘Enabled’.
Henceforth, you get to review first the photos that you were tagged on by your friends before they appear on Facebook.
Filed under: How To
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!