My Simple Business Plan: The Prequel
- Get MNF or some other keyword research tool e.g. Market Samurai. Again, as I’ve stated in an earlier post (Manual Keyword Research Method), I can still work things out without Micro Niche Finder. But experience dictates that if I want to find profitable keywords faster, I’d have no second thoughts regarding the effectiveness of MNF. I’d estimate that I’m able to find a good keyphrase in a couple of search-focused hours using MNF. This owuld roughly be equivalent to, say, a whole week of focused manual searching using Google Adwords Keywords tool and further manual verification. Sometimes, if I get really lucky, I’d get a good keyphrase in a single click using MNF’s ‘Brainstorm’ feature.
- Having found one or more good keyphrases using MNF, I’d further refine my investigation on the profitability of the keyphrase using the free version of Traffic Travis. Using its ‘SEO Analysis’ feature, I’d further see how I’d fare with the competition.
- Having made sure my keyphrases are good, I’d proceed to get me webhosting (if I didn’t have one yet) for at least a year. Lunarpages should be good enough, as like a lot of webhosts they also offer unlimited domains and subdomains. Since Lunarpages offers a FREE domain, I’d use one of the keyphrases as my primary domain. Most veteran webmasters would advise limiting oneself to only the .com, .net and .org tld extensions.
- If I have more than one good keyphrases to start with, I’d buy these domain names, say, from Godaddy or Moniker.
- Collect data for content of each website I’m putting up.
- Decide whether to use WordPress or static html/PHP pages. If I foresee that a particular website will have a lot of pages, I’ll go for WordPress. If a website is to contain only one, 2, or 12 pages, I’d use html/PHP. And this is possible only because I already have some knowledge in html/PHP. Otherwise, I’d use wordpress for all websites I put up, one-pager or multi-pager.
- Create the websites and the pages it is to contain.
- Configure my cPanel in my webhost to hold the websites for each domain.
- Install WordPress (if using wordpress) for each domain and input the contents. (Here, I add AdSense codes (once my application gets approved) in the content. Depending on the main keyphrase, I may also add links to Amazon products.*)
- Try to get the new websites indexed by Google by creating a backlink to the sites from sites that Google crawls often.
- *Apply for Adsense account. Apply for Amazon affiliate account.
- Do backlinking work. A lot of people say that the rate of backlinking is to be limited especially in the first few weeks of a website’s existence. It’s got something to do with avoiding getting thrown into Google’s sandbox.
Henceforth, all I’ll be doing is backlinking work and some on site work, e.g. adding additional pages, editting, etc. And, of course, monitoring of my Google serp position. Well, I’m no longer that newbie but I now follow this simple business plan that I concocted out of experience. Note, that this simple business plan is based on earning through adsense and affiliate marketing e.g. amazon. Should I learn about CPA & listbuilding and other income generating ideas, this simple business plan might change with time.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!