It may be somewhat late for this but I feel I can’t proceed without looking back at 2009 and picking my favorite posts. Other friend bloggers have long done this. Some have done if before 2009 ended while others did it as their very first output for the first day of 2010. Late or not, I’m presenting below moralde.com’s posts I consider some of the best output I did for 2009.
- MNF Experiment – After purchasing Micro Niche Finder, a keyword research tool that’s been flaunted by many to be versatile, I’m giving it a test through an experiment to prove to myself if what I’m hearing are indeed true or simply a baseless marketing tactic.
- 3 Favorite Ways of Capturing A Page – Just some of favorite methods of capturing web page besides the good old ctrl-printscreen function.
- Div Background Image – applying a basic php method of using background image into a wordpress post.
- First 100 Dollars – Just a rambling of a novice after earning his first $100 dollars online.
- First PR Ranking – An expression of excitement over my first PR ranking. While others take only a month or two to get to PR1, I took 7 (or 8?) months. Still, it’s reason to jump up and make a victory dance.
- WP Superb Slideshow Plugin – How I successfully used a superb slideshow plugin in a post.
- Tweaking My Theme To Add an Additional Widget – Following simple instructions, I was able to add a widget to my sidebar.
- Captcha Free – It takes some suggestions from other readers to make me realize captchas are actually a pain for commenters. I found a way to use captcha without captcha.
- Power of Keyword in Domain Name – An account of a newbie blogger’s experiment in the power of keywords and the SERPs.
- Making PHPList Work – How I made the PHPList plugin work in one site.
- Stephinie Meyer’s New Moon – My review of Stephenie Meyer’s novel New Moon just before its movie version was released.
- How To Make Friends Worth Keeping – A review of the book written by Alex Vaselevski.
- The Same Sex Marriage / Gay Marriage Issue – My thoughts about a controversial issue.
- Alternative to TinyURL – A post of appreciation for a free plugin that got me free off my dependence on TinyURL. I still use it even now.
- PagePeel In WP – I tweaked a free pagepeel code and made it work in my site.
- My EON Card and Paypal Verification – My account of how I got my own EON Card so I could verify my paypal account.
- About Laughter – My mother’s thoughts about laughter.
This is the very first post of mine for 2010, the year of the Tiger. This also happens to be the first ‘look back‘ post I ever did. Again, my ‘good influences’, my friend bloggers, have been doing this for ages. Some do it monthly, some do it weekly, and some do both. Like I always say, I am learning as I go along. Posts like these, summarizing the previous year’s, month’s, or week’s posts seem a good idea and I have a feeling that I may adopt this into a regular practice henceforth. This, of course, entails a little more effort on my part and I can’t very well pull this off at my current pathetic rate of 7 posts per month. Thus, let it be known that for the year of the tiger, I’m making it as one of my goals to post more than 7 articles per month from now on. (This means I can get away with 8 posts. Har har har.).
Seriously, I really am intent on getting better without sacrificing the fun I’m having in blogging. I’m thanking my blogging friends and other readers for showing support through their visits and their comments in 2009 and of course for 2010. May the year of the tiger be a tiger of a year for all of us.